I really enjoy these weekend round ups. They make me slow down and realize why I enjoy weekends. This was the end of Feb and the start of March. In Country Diary of an Edwardian Lady it says
"In February, if thou hearest thunder, thou shalt see a summer wonder".
This summer is going to be pretty wonderful if that is the case.
Back to my weekend:
Friday night, after a long week of moving, having the flu, packing Scott's things, etc...I was ready for a pretty calm night. My friend Carla came over for beer and pesto and we gossiped, talked, ranted about politics and generally had a great time. Later, Carrie and John came over and we did more of the aforementioned talking. Good times.
Saturday I awoke to the sun streaming in my bedroom. Oh Happy Spring Day! Put on jeans and a Tshirt. Went outside, turned around and changed into a skirt. It was starting out wonderfully! I sat outside at Starbucks and enjoyed the sun and cappuccino (I have recently begun a love affair with foam). Afterwards, I went and had a massage by Matthew (at Richard Joseph Salon Spa). I am new to massages, but I can tell you that Matthew is wonderful. I felt better instantly. Relaxed and mellow, I thought I would do some gardening. Thus began Ant Wars 2008. My feet are covered in ant bites, and I have poisoned the ground so that no one in Birmingham should drink the water...but I have no more ants! There was lots of cursing and dancing to get rid of the ants that were climbing my legs and arms...the ground was literally teeming with the bastards when I pulled up a rotten plant. yuck. Plant shopping and bookstore reading followed, as well as my introductions to Flight of the Concords. Anyone seen this? It is funny in a weird way, but i enjoyed it. To bed early. Good day.
Sunday: MORE SUNSHINE! Hopped out of bed, threw on a skirt, shirt and helmet and took off on the cruiser back to Starbucks. My community of friends seem to all congregate there on Sunday mornings, so it was nice and usual and comfortable. Rode home, stopped by the grocery store...I fit 4 bags of groceries in the basket and hanging of the handlebars...very wobbly, scary ride home. In a skirt.
Went to the garden, where I proceeded to spend 2.5 hours pulling weeds, raking, hand tilling, ant annihilating and herb planting. I am sunburned and exhausted. Exactly as I had hoped. Cooked a yummy fresh veggie meal, read some and now am finishing off my Teen Book Sunday read "Kind Dork" (highly recommended). About as good a Sunday as I can ask for right now.
Whew...I need to get to bed early. Keeping my finders cross for an insomnia free night. Those of you with the gift of sleep, say a little thank you tonight to God. those of you who don't ...call me, I am sure I will be up.
If you made it to the end of this insanely detailed post, thanks. Was your weekend good? I hope next weekend is as lovely as this was. And less ant-bitten! To Spring!!! And sleep!
Sunday, March 2, 2008
Weekend round-up
Labels:
Ant Wars 2008,
coffee,
community,
cooking,
gardening,
home,
spring,
weekend round up
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
We LOVE Flight of the Conchords! We TiVo all there shows and even have their CD. hehe, we're dorks! Our favorites are the girlfriend song and the rhymenocerous song. Bret. Brit? Bret. Brit?
I LOVE the girlfriend song. I only saw 2 episodes, but I liked them. The leather suits...hilarious!
Post a Comment