Monday, November 24, 2008

These are the comforts that be

Today it feels as though everything would be better if I weren't alone.

I know, I know...I am not alone, I have Jesus. Well, Jesus isn't hugging me or telling me I am pretty or making the bed seem not so huge (or the couch, whatev).

You don't know how much you need touch until you don't really have much of it. I really think it is crucial to survival. Sometimes I feel like I don't exist if I haven't had anyone touch me in a while. I am not talking sexual touch here, folks. Forget the deep kisses, hands on face sort of thing (although that is wonderful). I mean the simple hand on your back, tight hug or quick touch of the arm while talking. Anything to make you feel like a person who matters.

They say that babies who are not touched after birth wither. I believe it. we were made for touch.

No comments: