Tuesday, April 22, 2008

The girl that is me

Hello friends (and blogger stalkers!). I just returned to my cozy little abode from a concert. Who? you ask. Tristan Prettyman. I have loved her since her first album came out a couple years ago. Mellow, sweet, upbeat, summertime music. I discovered her because she did duets with guys I LOVE, G Love and Jason Mraz.
Tonight's show was at the always wonderful Workplay Theater (ok, putting links in is a huge pain in the ass...if we were writing a note to our friends, we would just mention it...in this new medium, you have to give credit and links and other time sucking things. I digress). It was a small, very intimate show and she was endearing. Her album, Madly, is doing well and she was giddy about it. Adorable, and so talented. Plus, her dress was awesome.
Opening for her was an Australian cutie called Whitley, whose name, I am sorry to say, is Lawrence (oh come on...I had to!). He is a very big 'pop star' in Australia and I thoroughly enjoyed his set. I may or may not have flirted with him at the merch table. His music was great and he told funny stories about getting drunk and singing karaoke at Starz (where he went to 'meet girls'!). Then he started playing and opened his mouth and we all shut the hell up. His voice was smoky, dirty and smooth. I went out after his set and immediately bought an album (when the alleged flirting took place). This post is so random and fragmented...and I have had nothing to drink, I promise.

The Tristan show was good, but (like most things right now) bittersweet. Scott and I danced to her and I once forced a 'movie moment' on us to one of her songs (long story that mostly involves me being a silly girl). These moments are going to keep on coming and I am going to keep on surviving them. Soon they won't happen as often and then they won't seem so terrible, and then one day they will just be fond memories of a boy I loved. Jeez, heavy posts lately, huh? Well, that is my life. If you want happy you will have to look for it elsewhere. I can give you authentic, or nothing. Joy, sadness, grief, longing, redemption. Nope, fake happiness is not on the menu...

I leave you with a video of Tristan, since I have no idea how to embed an mp3. Fred, a little assistance on this...?

this is Always Feel this Way. The song I forced a romantic moment to! Enjoy

3 comments:

Natalie said...

Great video. I love, love the vw bus. My dad used to tell us stories about them.

Anonymous said...

Hey, E. I utilize a plug-in that plays mp3 files over on my Wordpress site...I do not know if Blogger offers such amenities, however.

Where'd all of the Beatles references come from all of a sudden? CJ has some post titles ripped from Beatles lyrics on her site, too. There can never be too much Beatles love in the world, says I.

Elisa M said...

Natalie-I love the vw bus too!
Spitball-hm, I will have to look and see what I can rustle up on blogger. As for The Beatles, a good friend of mine lent me, and I in turn lent CJ, most of The Beatles collection. So, we are both listening to them a lot lately!