Tuesday, February 5, 2008

French Press wishes and coffee bean dreams

I think that I may have to trek out to Primavera coffee soon. I looked at their website (Thanks, C.J for the tip!) and anyplace that describes themselves this way is where I want to be...

"Primavera dreams of a world filled with bicycles (and the occasional biodiesel-fueled vehicle), farmer’s markets, rosettas, and red wigglers all co-existing in perfect harmony. Siestas will be nationally implemented. Buildings will look as if they tumbled out of the mind of Howard Roark. People will dream, and then act. Laundry will contentedly hang between ancient trees, drying in the golden sun. Failure to conserve and recycle will result in a friendly visit with the local law enforcement officers. The words “High Fructose Corn Syrup” will be banished from the dictionary. The drip machine will battle its nemesis, the French press, only to meet its bloody death. And specialty coffee will reside in the same category as fine art… " From the Primavera website.

I oft dream of a house made by Howard Roark and I simply must buy my coffee from those who share that dream. I know it sounds silly to buy coffee when I have pound upon pound of free Starbucks coffee taking up space in my cabinets, but I just may have to. Live locally and sip contendly, that is.

1 comment:

Carla Jean said...

It is seriously so worth it. The people there are amazing, their beans are incredible and they have cuppings every Saturday morning! (Not that I typically make it for those... I thought about it last Saturday but decided to sit in bed with books and coffee--the aforementioned Sumatra Mandehling--instead.) Coffee is one of those rare things where I'm willing to spend a little bit more money. It's my personal indulgence. And as far as vices go, it's not such a bad one.