This is from Stuff white people like (you can find the link on the side of my blog):
But there is a special category of bicycles that appeal far more to white women, the European city bike (pictured). White women have a lot of fantasies about idealized lives, and one of them is living in Europe and riding around an old city on one of these bikes. They dream about waking up and riding to a little cafe, then visiting bakeries and cheese shops and finally riding home to prepare a fancy meal for their friends who will all eat under a canopy with white Christmas lights. This information can be used to help gain the trust/admiration of a white woman, especially if you can pull off a lie about how your mother told you about how she used to do all of these things when she was younger.
And of course, it goes without saying that white people who ride bikes like to talk about how they are saving the earth. If you know a person who rides to work, you should take them aside and say “Hey, thanks. Sincerely, The Earth.” Then give a thumbs up. That white person will ride home on a cloud.
Yep, that first paragraph is me. This is what i dream of, what I want. Guess I am a white person.
And the second paragraph is just hilarious. Especially since I have plans to ride to work in about a month (hills there and back...must train a bit)!
The weather is supposed to be nice this weekend so I am hoping to take a ride, maybe visit the Botanical Gardens, maybe just sleep. I finally got everything moved out of the apartment where Scott was living (Thanks to my Wonderful CG...they packed and moved me and unpacked me and hung drapes and pictures...truly a gift), so this weekend actually feels free. That is nice.
Friday, February 29, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
gotta love community for that very reason.
i'm hoping to take advantage of the pretty day saturday and lay a stone pathway to replace the ugly concrete. hope you get some peace this weekend, out in the sun :)
Wow, I had no idea about Stuff White People Like. I think it is my new favorite website, well, aside from abc.com where I can watch all of the episodes of "Lost"...
Trip,
You are very white, so you will probably like it a lot.
Liz, I hope you got your stone pathway built and weren't too freaked out by last night's events! yikes.
Post a Comment