Saturday, January 12, 2008

Once you leave the industry, fashion can be fun again

Apparently, I either have to dress like a slut or my grandmother. I went looking for a simple skirt today, and all I found was slutty dresses or mini-skirts, punctuated by the occasional grandmother length pinstripe skirt!! I know that this is the season of the dress (which I predict ending soon, we are now almost in year 2...), but what is a tall, lanky girl to do? Dresses are short, as are pants. Skirts are my only option.

I also walked into many stores, looked around for 30 seconds and realized "hmm, I may be too old for this place". I was pissed.

In the end, I did find a simple khaki skirt at Banana, which was of course overpriced, but darling. Just the right combination of professional but playful ans stylish. Also overpriced but now in my closet: pair of brown cords. What is retail therapy for if you can't buy something too damn expensive every now and again?

It was all made ok by the heather grey Cashmere sweater I snagged for $20!

Remember: Tomorrow is Knee Sock Sunday! Today I got a package from a friend with 2 new pairs...one with skulls. It serves dual duty, for Knee sock Sunday and Skull and Crossbones Wednesday (which you better still be doing, Trip...you promised).

ciao!

3 comments:

trip said...

Good to hear that you are enjoying fashion again. I'll be on the look out for some non-slutty, non-grandma skirts for you. Oh, and as far as skull and crossbones Wed. goes, let's just say that I'll make them up at some later point in time.

JP said...

What drives me crazy is that the stores all want my almost 9 year old to look like a slut! And Club Thread on Hyena cart online doesn't usually have anything in her size -- though I heard Tim's patchy pants from there were a hit. I do love the World Wide Web.

Elisa M said...

Oh yes, Tim's patchy pants were quite the hit!