Thursday, December 6, 2007

New Job

I have a new job. I am an Assistant buyer for AWBC (Books a Million's wholesaler). It is a return to my 'past life' of retail, but a departure from fashion. The best part of my job? Being surrounded, by all sides, with books. I get free books every day. I am currently reading a book that has a copyright date of 2008! In the lunchroom, everyone has their nose in a book. Granted, most of it is James Patterson, but still. the desks are not cluttered with handbags and shoes and earrings. A welcome change.

I love books. It even maked up for the fact that my office has no windows! In the entire bldg!!!

Did you know that Nick Hornby has a teen book out? It is called Slam, and I will let you know how it is soon.

2 comments:

Carla Jean said...

I LOVE Nick Hornby and bought Slam the week it was released. It's not my favorite of his (nor was A Long Way Down), but it's still Hornby so I still had to have it.

susan said...

Oh, I'm so impossibly J.