I have also found out a friend is more ill than I ever thought possible. An evil, ugly illness that sneaks in and takes control. It is sad and scary. She was supposed to go wedding dress shopping with me, but cancelled at the last minute, which is strange for her, especially for something important (yes, shopping for a dress is very important). I was disappointed and concerned. Now, I could not care less that I went dress shopping alone. I just want my friend well. For her husband, children, friends, family and me. I have had a ton of changes lately, and I think that losing her may just be the undoing for me (she is not dying, by the way, but I do not want to say more). I love her. She and her family have been my family for the past few years, during some of the hardest times in my life. And recently, with my engagement and new job and major life changes, they have been constant. I miss her. I love her. Even if she is not the same for a long, long time, I will still love who she is and what she is. Normalcy may not occur soon, if ever, but I hope to be here to love her and her family in all the messiness that this may involve.
On to other news:
The wedding planning is going well. I found a dress for only $230! Grandma wants to pay for the band, a huge relief. Scott is doing the food and picking things is really fun (marrying a foodie is a huge bonus!!). It is not without its challenges, like changing the date 3 times. Not to mention the enormous task of beginning to combine my life with another and start the slow process of becoming one (spiritually, not physically, Mom!). I know why people say engagement is hard, because it is. But so worth it and so beautiful.
Here is my dress: click below to see it
only mine is ivory, and I will look like me and have on MUCH cuter shoe and no choker. and it will fit better...but you get the drift!

1 comment:
Gorgeous dress! Super thrifty too! Please keep posting details, I love to see the fun develop.
Post a Comment