I love rainy fall days. They make me want to solve mysteries. Or sit on a window seat and pray all day long. Pray for everything and everyone.
Water is so wonderful and mysterious and holy. It cleanses, soothes, rushes, destroys, quenches thirst, gives life, takes life. Both necessary and dangerous.
I feel about water like I feel about God I think. I can't live without it, but at times it scares the hell out of me. At other times, I know that unless I have it I will shrivel and perish. Sometimes I even go without it, just because I don't feel like...but when I do, I always regret it. I feel cleansed after immersing myself in Him.
So, bring on the rain. Let it soak me and everything around me. Let it thunder and pour and feed everything dry.
I am going to take a nap listening to it.
Tuesday, October 23, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment