Headed to LSU today for the Auburn Lsu game. I am not a huge football fan, but there is something about being back on campus that makes me happy. College campuses are so hopeful. Young people, trying to figure out their lives, both vocationally and relationally. College is a time of such change in most people's lives. I wish I could have coffee with my 20 year old self and say "Hold on. It is going to be a rough ride. You will be angry and scared and sometimes hopeless. But hold tight. I know you are too angry to believe in a good God right now, but he will show up for you and pull you out of this wreckage. The situations will still suck, but you will not be alone. I promise." She would not have believed me, and would have told me that I was a delusional fuck, but I still would have told her.
Here I come crawfish etouffe from Chimes! Here I come fresh Abita beer on tap!
see you Monday.
Thursday, October 18, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
I got asked out my a sophomore the other week. :-)
Post a Comment