Monday, September 17, 2007

return and redemption

Update:
I went back to church last night. It was not scary at all. I went with someone who would protect me, and it was wonderful. I am not going to be able to articulate how redemptive it was to go and feel safe. So I will not try. I will say that there comes a point where the fear itself begins to be bigger than what you fear, and once you face it, it can stop owning you. That was also at play here.

This post is all kinds of rambly and nonsensical. sorry.

4 comments:

Charlotte said...

I'm so glad y'all came to church last night. It was a great surprise to see you there--I almost started crying. I love you!

Brian T. Murphy said...

not rambly and nonsensical. not on any level.

if our church isn't for people like you, then we might as well stop what we're doing.

trip said...

I am very glad to hear this. I only wish I could have been there as well.

And I agree with what BTM said.

Elisa M said...

Charlotte-I'm surprised I didn't cry as well.I love you.
BTM-Thanks. That is hopeful, for me and RMC
Trip- I wish you were there too. I miss my fake boyfriend!