Hello 2009! I can't believe that 2008 is over. It was quite a year. I can't say that I am glad it is over, but I did have some good times. As well as a lot of mourning and reading and riding.
One thing I learned toward the end of 2008 is that I need to slow down. A few trips to the ER and weeks of not eating showed me that my body holds on to stress. I need a more restful existence, which is VERY hard for me. VERY.HARD.
I am passionate about many things and hate to sit on the sidelines. Instead I jump right in, whether it is starting a Non-Profit ,participating in an online contest , or taking on a new sport and commuting 6 miles to work by bike. I think 2009 is going to be the year when I trust others to make changes and trust that God can do things without me. It is going to be hard. But I don't see much of a choice. There is only so much I can do and learning my limit is a challenge that I am ready to take on.
In that spirit, this blog may see an even longer stretch between posts. It is not going away completely, but will be a more sporadic thing. However, you can keep up with me a bit with my new blog: Bikeskirt. This will chronicle my adventures as a female bike commuter and hopefully help to create a girl bike community in Birmingham. (I know, I know...trading one blog for another is not exactly a rest...I am still learning!).
and stay tuned for updates on the recent media attention my commuting has been getting. Newspaper profiles, Commutesmart highlights, magazine profiles and possible local news stories....phew.
I hope for hope in 2009. and hope for rest and peace.
I have these same hopes for you, friends
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment