Thursday, January 31, 2008

The prolific blogger

"From that time on, the world was hers for the reading. She would never be lonely again, never miss the lack of intimate friends. Books became her friends and there was one for every mood..." Betty Smith

I have been a busy little blogger lately! Maybe I miss the daily musings on Cheap Women, or maybe I am bored. Either way, thanks for tuning in to all of my crazy thoughts.

Am thinking of starting a book blog. Is that oversaturatiion? Should I spend more time with real people as opposed to online communities (myspace, facebook, goodreads...). I often find myself wanting to write about yet another book here, so is another blog the way to go? I am going to let this marinate in my brain and see what happens.

4 comments:

Carla Jean said...

I often worry that I should spend more time with actual people and less with books, and pen, and paper. That said, I would read a book blog. It would help in the continual beefing up of my request list at the library, and my wish list on paperbackswap.com.

(Also, I just realized you can sign in using your wordpress account even on blogger--and wordpress is where my blog actually is--but for some reason I can't make it work. So this is me, still using my old blogger ID.)

Elisa M said...

Ooh, send me the link to your blog! I have been trying to find it, but to no avail.

Carla Jean said...

Sent! Check your email.

Under The Mountain said...

I think book blogs are the way to go. Definitely the wave of the future! (But I would say that, given what I write about on my blog, wouldn't I?)

Carla Jean -- just think how much more interesting you are when you are with actual people because of all that reading you've done! So reading and people-time-spending kind of go together.