Seriously, you should check out podcasting if you don't already. I now live in a tiny apartment with currently no TV and no stereo (although a record player is on it's way as is my little cd player). So, that is a lot of silence to fill. I do have my trusty macbook, and have been listening to a LOT of audio books. Well, today I rediscovered the podcast. I used to have quite the obsession with them, then got over them with help from friends and now I'm back.
Almost all are free and you can find anything you want. Just today I found a free (!) audio recording of Pride and Prejudice. I get financial advice from Dave Ramsey, hear about the best books to read from a small, indy bookshop in Seattle, listen to sermons from SCAD's RUF and check out new music. I also get patterns for cool crafts and diy projects! There is something for everyone. Free, did I mention that? They have educational sites, like an book club for teens, and story time for kids, as well as History books read aloud and constantly streamed newscasts.
I dig it. Our own Local watering hole/music venue has one. The Bottletree podcast. Or the Tapestry podcast, which highlights local musicians. I feel as though I am giving a sales pitch, but I really just want everyone to know about this resource.
go to itunes and click on podcasts. you can peruse the most popular ones or search for a specific one. A person could spend hours just looking at all of the options.
Speaking of which, Elizabeth Bennett and Mr. Darcy need my attention. So long.
Safe surfing and porn free podcasting,
Sunday, December 16, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
"this american life" is a wonderful podcast too. Good ol Ira Glass! I didn't know bottletree had one, I will check it out!
Post a Comment