Not sure if I have mentioned this lately, but I am in a relationship. It is wonderful and meaningful and beautiful. And it is undoing me.
You see I am used to being the 'good one' in relationships (that is what happens when you date jerks). I know, I know, that is a terrible thing to say. However, it is true. Whether I was actually the good one or not, that is how it felt. And now, here I am with a man who loves me more than I love myself. unconditionally. without judgement. It is beautiful, but scary.
I am seeing myself in a whole new light. I suck a little bit (or maybe a lot). Nothing he has done makes me feel this way, I am just seeing how selfish I am. How selfish I have been. How screwed up I am, and what sin patterns I have relied on for years. Gordon says that this is beautiful, that is refining me and I am allowing myself to be vulnerable. Of course I am freaking out.
But, I am also feeling free. To be myself, to laugh at my sins. I feel rested. I am not as affected by the brokenness in my life, and creating a life with someone. I love it!
Refining hurts...but in the same way that a tattoo hurts...it is worth it. So worth it.
Thursday, October 4, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment